Monday, 11 September, 2017
Written words have the power to make an introduction, share ideas and bring people closer together.
This year, take part in our HMD 2018 Postcard Project and encourage people at your HMD activity to use their own written words to respond to the experiences of people persecuted during the Holocaust and genocide.
1. Choose the life story of Renie Inow, Kindertransportee and/or Sedin Mustafić, survivor of the Genocide in Bosnia.
2. Read the life stories aloud, discuss in groups, or provide for people to read themselves at your event.
3. Encourage people to write a postcard to one of the people persecuted, reflecting on their experiences.
4. Send the completed postcards back to: HMDT, PO Box 61074, London, SE1P 5BX.
5. You will receive a postcard response from the individual you have written to.
Our lesson plans for different age groups can help you to take part in the Postcard Project with younger people:
Fill in the form below to order free postcards (in packs of 30) for your HMD activity.