Wednesday, 20 July, 2016
Following the launch of our HMDT Youth Champion Board in 2015, we are recruiting new board members for 2016/17.
Apply to become a member if you want to have a say in the development of the HMDT Youth Champion programme and lead young people to commemorate the past and create a better future.
We are looking for young people aged 14-24 to represent each region and nation across the UK: East Midlands, East of England, Greater London, North East, North West, Northern Ireland, Scotland, South East, South West, Wales, West Midlands and Yorkshire & the Humber.
Successful applicants will become members of the Youth Champion Board from September 2016 to June 2017. During this time, board members will:
- Commit to monthly Skype calls with other members of the Youth Champion Board to develop, plan and evaluate the Youth Champion programme
- Contribute to the content of two e-newsletters
- Assist in the delivery of a Youth Champion workshop (where possible)
- Promote HMD, the 2017 arts programme and the Youth Champion programme via social media and to peers
- Aim to recruit five new Youth Champions to the programme
- Regularly update the Youth Champion Facebook groups
- Increase engagement in one targeted area eg youth groups, workplaces, universities
- Assist in planning and developing the Youth Champion Day at the end of the programme
- Hold an HMD activity or support the planning of an HMD activity in your region / nation
- Write 100 words about a Youth Champion activity in your region or nation
- Let HMDT know what Youth Champion activities have been held in your region / nation
- Work together with your Regional / National Support Worker to make sure that all engaged young people between 14-24 join the Youth Champion programme
- Help develop resources for Youth Champions
There are many opportunities open to members of the Youth Champion Board. In 2016, members played a big part in the UK Ceremony and were invited to attend the opening of a parliamentary exhibition.
For details of how to apply, see our Youth Champion Board page or contact Jessica at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Monday 8 August.
We look forward to welcoming new Youth Champion Board members to HMDT.