Attend a Youth Champion Workshop for HMD 2017
Each year HMDT holds free Youth Champion workshops for anyone aged 14-24 who is interested in organising an activity to mark Holocaust Memorial Day – 27 January. Workshops are aimed at both new and existing Youth Champions.
Attending a workshop will help you to:
- Gain a better understanding of the Holocaust, Nazi Persecution, subsequent genocides and of course Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Learn how to become a Youth Champion and understand how to create a meaningful activity for your audience.
- Find out about the 2017 theme and the free resources we provide that will help you to mark Holocaust Memorial Day in your community.
- We’ll discuss the practicalities of organising activities, participate in interactive activities and hear tips from other Youth Champions who held their own HMD events last year.
Our workshops for HMD 2017 are:
Why should you get involved?
- You will develop your knowledge of the Holocaust and other genocides
- You will develop leadership and communication skills that will enhance your UCAS application or CV
- You will make a real contribution to your local community and inspire other young people to end hatred and discrimination today
- Meet survivors of the Holocaust and genocide
- Have the opportunity to volunteer at our Holocaust Memorial Day UK Event
What can I do?
You can highlight to others how important it is to remember the past in order end hatred and discrimination today in a number of different ways:
- Organise an event in your local community, school or university
- Set up a stall in your school or university
- Make a film on the themes of HMD
- Run a peer education workshop
- Develop and put on a play/performance
- Download our Youth Champion Get Involved poster