Why should you get involved?
- You will develop your knowledge of the Holocaust and other genocides
- You will develop leadership and communication skills that will enhance your UCAS application or CV
- You will make a real contribution to your local community and inspire other young people to end hatred and discrimination today
- Meet survivors of the Holocaust and genocide
- Have the opportunity to volunteer at our Holocaust Memorial Day UK Event
What can I do?
You can highlight to others how important it is to remember the past in order end hatred and discrimination today in a number of different ways:
- Organise an event in your local community, school or university
- Set up a stall in your school or university
- Make a film on the themes of HMD
- Run a peer education workshop
- Develop and put on a play/performance
- Download our Youth Champion Get Involved poster
For HMD 2014, we expanded the Youth Champion Programme and ran youth workshops in Manchester, Glasgow and London. Our Youth Champions organised brilliant and innovative events for Holocaust Memorial Day 2014 in their local communities, schools and youth organisations. These included workshops, films and theatre performances. Here are a few of their activities to get you inspired!